Vox Group Member
01387 255 330
To ensure that people who have mental illness, dementia or learning disabilities, and their carers have a representative voice and, as a result, see positive changes in their service provision.
We achieve this by…
- Providing training and support to enable members and/or groups to express themselves effectively.
- Encouraging statutory and non-statutory agencies, which provide services to become more responsive to the needs and views of members and/or groups by involving users, carers and their representatives in the planning, commissioning, monitoring and delivery of services which affect them.
- Assisting members and or/groups to access information regarding services and legislation and other information necessary and appropriate to the support that they may require.
- Maximising member and/or group representation in appropriate aspects of Mental Health, Learning Disability and Dementia care.
- Creating safe forums where people can express their concerns and have their concerns taken forward, anonymously if necessary, to the appropriate agencies. * Providing training and support to enable members and/or groups to express themselves effectively. Our values underpin all of the above;
- The right to be safe and protected from harm
- The right to be treated fairly and with dignity
- The right to live the life you choose
- The right to take an active part in your community and or wider society